Monday, September 15, 2008

Tagged!

For all of you sick of looking at the same picture and post for the last 10 days, I apologize. On the other hand, maybe no one has looked or cared! I feel some pressure to post something witty, amusing, and interesting, but alas, either nothing has happened, or one of my friends has beaten me to it, pictures and all, and I am not about to try to compete with their blogging! So, alas, by default, I actually have to respond to the two tags I received quite a while ago. Lisa and Dawne, I apologize for taking so long to get around to it. I assure you I got the tag in a timely fashion, and I have given it some thought, here and there. I will now force myself to really dig deep and put thought to paper...again, the pressure.

3 joys: 1. My 5 handsome, delightful, and sometimes difficult boys (though Paul is rarely difficult!) 2. All of my amazing and fun extended family--on both sides. 3. Many fabulous friends that bring fun and laughter into my life--thanks!! (Can I add chocolate? It's always in the mix, and on some days ranks at #1)

3 fears: 1. My house catching on fire while we all sleep!! (This fear of fire steams from a young age when my normally responsible and competent parents allowed me to watch "The Raging Inferno" or something like that. Scared the crap out of me. I've been terrified of the possibility of being in a burning building ever since. Now that I have kids, the fear has magnified--what if I can't get to them? Scary....) 2. Dislocating my knee--either one--again! This is a constant worry for me. It started in third grade doing cartwheels at recess, and it has happened multiple times on both knees throughout my lifetime--the last one in a very public place when I was 8 months pregnant which ended in an ambulance ride and a doctor having to pop it back in (that was a first, and it was awful!) 3. Lastly, heights! Yes, I am afraid of heights! It makes hanging over the railing of a cruise ship a little difficult, but I tend to do better at that than Paul!

3 obsessions: 1. Current top of my list is "Twilight" and anything related to it. (Guess that means reading is an obsession also--just ask my husband!) 2. Always at the top of my list is chocolate--the good kind, no cheap imitation brand. (Yes, I am a chocolate snob.) 3. Always wishing I could lose a few pounds, but never willing to give up #2 on the list long enough to actually see big results!!

3 surprising facts: 1. I played the accordion when I was in elementary school, and I looked and sounded mighty fine, if I do say so myself! (How, and more importantly, why--you may be asking? My dad played one, and I pretty much worshipped him and thought he was the coolest.) 2. I love ballroom dance! I danced in many classes and on a back up team at BYU. Wish Paul liked to do it too so I would have a partner to keep at it! 3. I grew up in a small town in Northern California where the local high school colors were an ugly brown and gold (before either one became a popular color), and the mascot was "the honkers!" How cool is that...NOT! However, I am still a California girl at heart! I hate Utah winters. I hate the snow, the ice, the cold, and the ugly, muddy slush! I am not ready for winter to come again. Didn't it just end?

Well there you have it. Everything you ever wanted to know about me and then some! I tag Deanna, Kris, and Alisha. May you procrastinate a little bit less than I did!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love, love the mascot name! What did your mascot look like? A goose? A big nose? Hmmm...

Still vividly remember the very public knee dislocation...yikes!

Glad you FINALLY :) chose to post the tag, geez! No, really, I thought I knew you quite well, but it goes to show that we can all still learn new things about each other! Great post.

DeAnna Dahl Kemple said...

I really liked finding out more things about you.All I know is that you are one fun person to be around never a dull moment. Today felt like High School again and that was 50 years ago.We are having our reunion next month.Now what do I do I have been tagged??