Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Father and Sons Camp Out

After weeks of wedding planning, the boys were definitely ready to go do some male bonding! The day after my sister's wedding was the ward Father and Son Camp Out. Before going off to get dirty, Paul and the boys had to make a quick stop back at Mt. Timpanogos temple with me. My oldest brother and his wife were sealed in the same temple, and in fact, the same sealing room as Denise and Dale the day before. Paul popped in long enough for that ceremony, and then he and the boys hit the road. It was a small group of campers this year, but they said they had a lot of fun.

Of course a camp out wouldn't be complete without a good breakfast and some goofing around. Apparently Justin told the cook that he could make better pancakes. He was given the chance to prove himself. Unfortunately, this was his result! Better luck next year, Justin.

The boys also had a great time on the lake. They fished, skipped rocks, and rode around in the boat.

Good times for the boys! I, on the other hand, also look forward to Fathers and Sons...it means girls weekend for me! After my brother's sealing and grabbing some lunch with a lot of the family, I headed back home to go out with a girlfriend. We shopped, went to the movies, and grabbed a late dinner. Then I went home and slept in until 10:30! A much needed reprieve after all the wedding madness!

No comments: