Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Pre-Wedding Festivities!

Finally...the event that has kept me busy all summer so that I hardly recognize any of my friends has come and gone! My one and only sister got engaged Memorial Day weekend, and it has been a whirlwind of planning and running around ever since! Huge thanks goes out to all my friends for all of the random help they gave me...from Kim going with me to preview wedding sites, to Amanda and Dawne loaning me tons of scrapbook supplies, to Loralie spending hours with me going through music and helping me while I made the video to show at the reception. You guys are awesome! Thanks!

After weeks of working and seeing very little of my friends and family, it was time for a little reward. The day before the wedding, Denise, "the Bino's" (Bridesmaids In Name Only--guess they really didn't want to wear "the dress"!), and myself--the Matron of Honor (that really makes me sound old!) headed to the spa for a little R & R. We were on a mission to turn "Bridezilla in the Princess Bride"--as one of the Bino's so aptly put it!

Before treatments--don't we look excited?

One of the finished products...matching French manicures.

From the spa, we headed up Provo Canyon for a family cookout. A lot of the family from out of town coming for the wedding got into town just in time to meet us there. Here are some of my aunts, uncles, and cousins I haven't seen for a long time!

My awesome "little" brother who isn't so little anymore.

Denise, the Bino's, friends, my sister-in-law Amy, and myself.

A couple of adorable and goofy boys.


After the cookout, we were on another mission...some kind of bachelorette party....IN PROVO?! Yeah, I know. Not a lot of options. We finally just hit Los Hermanos for some drinks, snacks, some seriously loud and embarrassing singing from the employees topped off with the fabulous sombrero for the bride to wear.


All in all, the day before the wedding was full of fun! The only bummer part came when I realized I had yet to come up with my speech/toast for the next day. AHHHHH!! I seriously began to stress! I haven't been to a wedding in probaby 15 years, and I know I haven't been to one where there was actually a toast made that I heard! I got home close to midnight with no idea! Tune in to the next post to see how it all turned out!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad it all worked out! Congrats to Denise. Now we need a get-together! I've missed you!

kris said...

Lots of fun! Congrats to your sister, that's awesome!
Matron of Honor...I was one of those several years ago, it does make a person sound really old :)

The Mom said...

So glad you had fun and now things are slowing down. It looks like you all had a great time!