Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Snow Buddies

We have had so much snow since Christmas, I'm already ready for spring...but I'm sure I've already mentioned that! The Saturday after Christmas, we decided to take advantage of all the snow and our own convenient snow hill at the park by our house to try out Eric's new 2-man snow tube. He LOVED it! He would squeal all the way down the hill! Everyone took turns going down with him.




Then he got brave and wanted to try Jordan's one man tube. I wasn't so sure about sending him by himself, but off he went. He REALLY squealed all the way down the hill this time, and at the bottom, he hopped off, stuck his thumb up in the air, and yelled, "THAT WAS AWESOME!"
Here are a few shots of the other boys hitting the slope and riding the tube train down the hill.




Towards the end of our sledding excursion, I looked over at Eric, and he was laying on the ground making a snow angel. It was so cute. I have no idea where he even learned to do it since you all know I wasn't laying in the snow teaching him!!


What a great afternoon--even if my face almost froze solid! It absolutely reminded me how fun it was to just be a kid!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

It always looks like fun to me, in theory, but I really hate being cold! That's the great thing about kids...they don't care as long as they're having a ball! Love, love the snow angel pictures!

DeAnna Dahl Kemple said...

What a brave one that Eric is he seems to want to try everything. I think Mom was a great sport to play in the snow I know how much you love winter.

alisha said...

my kids would be sooo jealous! they loved the one time we went tubing, and are dying to go back! i can't believe you can just go down to your park and do all this!
how fun!!!!