Friday, March 13, 2009

An afternoon with Thomas and Friends

Yes, it is true. I now have a forth little boy obsessed with Thomas the Tank Engine. I think we probably have almost every piece of track and every train represented in some form from the first little metal die cast engines to the big wooden ones, to the motorized plastic ones with remote controls even! The collection keeps multiplying every year, with each new kid! So, when one of my best friends, Amanda, called last November to see if I wanted to buy tickets to go see Thomas Live on Stage with she and her son (Eric's best little buddy), of course I said yes. We took the boys yesterday, and they seemed to love it. I, myself, couldn't understand a word Sir Topham Hatt said with his fake little accent, but I was totally impressed with the actual trains. Their mouths moved when they spoke; their eyes moved; their facial expressions changed, they blew smoke out of their smokestacks, and they moved around stage, even turning on a dime. It was fun to see the boys so excited to go see Thomas--they clapped and cheered, and called out the trains names when they appeared on stage. All in all, it was a fun one on one excursion with the 4 year olds.




5 comments:

The Mom said...

How fun! I'm sure that even though my little guy is almost 8 he'd of loved it too! Hang on to all the thomas memorbilia. It's suppose to be worh a lot of money one day!

Kimmy said...

I would tell you that I wish I could have gone, but I just can't...! I am glad you had fun though!!!!

Anonymous said...

So glad they had a good time! Eric sure looks excited!

DeAnna Dahl Kemple said...

The two cutest boys that I know!! they are so lucky to have Moms that will take them where they want to go.

alisha said...

what a great mom you are! don't know if i could survive that...looks like a great time for them!