Monday, May 18, 2009

Girls' Week in Nashville

Right after my fun weekend with the girlfriends, my mom, aunt, and I flew out to Nashville to visit my sister for a week! It was a great couple of weeks for me in April! Many thanks to my hubby for being a good sport and playing Mr. Mom so I could get away! Our girls' week started a few years ago when the three of us flew out to D.C. to visit Denise while she lived there. We try to do it every year, and luckily, Denise always lives somewhere that is fun to visit. Besides D.C., we have gone to L.A. and now Nashville a couple of times for a week of total fun and laughter! This trip was no exception! We had a few new people who joined us, and it was a lot of fun. My Aunt Pat joined us as well as my sister in law Michelle and her mom. We also were able to meet and probably terrify Denise's boyfriend, Dale. Great guy, and such a good sport to hang out with and chauffeur a bunch of loud, crazy women around for a week! Our week was busy and full of fun outings. Here are a few highlights:

Visiting 2 plantations dating back to the civil war...

Browsing the booths and eating yummy funnel cake at the street festival in Franklin...

Enjoying yummy meals--many of which I didn't have to prepare...

Rocking out at our very own private concert featuring Dale of the "Stupid Dogs" band...Oh yeah...

Competing in some serious foosball games (note the intense look of concentration on my face!!)...

But most of all, enjoying time with my sis! Can't wait for the next girls' week!

4 comments:

The Mom said...

Glad you could have fun!

Kimmy said...

I LOVE the picture of you playing foosball!! So glad you had a great trip!

alisha said...

looks like a great time away! how hard was it to come back, he he he!

DeAnna Dahl Kemple said...

What a fun April you had. It is good to get away when you can.Your family looks like they know how to have a good time. I love Nashville.One of the best trips I ever had was there.