Friday, May 22, 2009

Mother's Day Surprise

So, I know Mother's Day was almost 2 weeks ago, and I am a little late with this post, but I would be very ungrateful if I didn't give a belated shout out to my 4 cute boys! (The 5th one is pretty cute too, but he didn't get home until the surprise was made!) Saturday night I jokingly said to Justin, "So what are you making me for breakfast tomorrow since Dad will be gone to meetings?" He looked a little startled and said, "Umm.....toast?" You see, none of my boys know how to cook much of anything. I think the closest they could come would be throwing some pizza rolls or chicken nuggets in the microwave. There was one time they actually tried to cook cup of soup in the microwave without any water (not a pretty sight or smell!). I don't think that actually qualifies as cooking! Anyway, he said, "If you show me how to make an omlete tonight, I'll make it for you in the morning." I didn't show him anything, but I did mention how to do it. The next morning, I woke up when Paul got home from his meetings and told me to come out as the boys had a surprise for me. They had a full on breakfast prepared that each of them had made part of. It included an omlete (though creatively cut so we all had a piece, it was one of the lightest and fluffiest I've had!), toast, sausage, waffles, and juice. Pretty cool. They were so proud of themselves. I figured it required documenting it in photos, and definitely a spot on the blog along with a big thank you!! When I got up last Sunday to see Justin making omletes again, I began to wonder why I have never taught him to cook sooner!!


After breakfast, the surprises continued with a dozen beautiful roses, some of my favorite treats, a couple of fun gift cards, and a new phone to replace the one I've been yelling about for weeks. Thanks guys! You are the best!

After church, we met up with my family and Paul's folks for dinner. It was a great day! I hope all of you mothers out there had an equally fabulous day! I know you all deserve it!

Paul with his mom and dad.

My brother, mother, and myself.

3 comments:

DeAnna Dahl Kemple said...

Mother's day was a good one for you and I know how much you like omlets the boys gave you the perfect breakfast!! So lucky to still have your Mother to spend the day with I miss my Mother.

Kimmy said...

What a fun mother's day treat! You are raising some pretty great boys over there!

The Mom said...

very very cute pictures! I'm so glad you had a great mothers day. Children really make life so wonderful!!!