Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Oquirrh Mountain Temple

This is our new temple here in the valley. It is beautiful, and oh so close to us! Paul and I had a chance to volunteer and be ushers last Saturday for part of the open house for the contractors and their families. I ended up stationed in the mechanical room of all places. Pretty cool...none of you will ever see it, I'm sure! It was only open that afternoon so all the contractors and construction workers could show their families where they had been working. It was fun to tag along with their little private "tours" and learn a lot of interesting stuff about all the machinery. It's amazing to me what it takes to run a small temple! Oh, I almost forgot that thanks to a friend of mine that was also working down there, we stumbled upon the "secret" door to the bottom of the baptistry. It was cracked open just a little, and being curious to know where it lead, my friend opened the door and found herself face to face with one of the oxen! When she looked up, there were people on the regular tour looking down at her from the baptistry waiting room! Needless to say, she closed the door very quickly! Pretty funny! When we finally figured out the latching mechanism (gotta be smarter than the door!), we opened it back up at the end and took a little look and stroll around. Pretty cool. On a final note, another cool thing happened on Sunday when I was invited to sing in one of the choirs for one of the temple dedication ceremonies with the prophet and apostles. I am honored to be asked, and I am really looking forward to it! I hope those of you around here get a chance to attend the open house! The temple is very unique and beautiful!

2 comments:

Kimmy said...

Wow! That is so cool that you get to be in THE choir! You are so talented.

DeAnna Dahl Kemple said...

WE can hardly wait to see our new Temple we are so blessed to have one so close to our home.