Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Happy Turkey Day!

Hello again. So, it's been a looooong time since I've posted! I have no good excuse other than I have been busy. You know, the usual post-vacation blues, trying to readjust to reality, Thanksgiving, Christmas shopping and decorating...blah, blah, blah. Again, no good excuse! Since this is a post about Thanksgiving (albeit, belated), I'd like to say thanks to all of my dear friends who secretly wanted to write me hate comments telling me to update my blog--or else.....thanks so much for only thinking it, and not really doing it, even though we all know you wanted to!
For Thanksgiving this year, we headed down to Paul's Mom and Dad's home for the extended family potluck at the church. It actually turned out better than I thought it would (I've never been a big fan of family gatherings at the church). The food was all yummy--and I didn't have to cook it all! There were lots of fun relatives there, good games, and a lot of really good pies! Here's a few of the family pictures from the event.



Paul had a lot of work to get done later that night, and I had a sale at Michael's to get to, so we headed out pretty early after putting the church back in order. We had eaten at noon at the church, and it wasn't until we were on the road and all the kids wanted to know what we were having for dinner that we realized our mistake...we had left before taking advantage of leftovers for dinner!!! That is one of my favorite parts of the day!! And we hadn't even stolen any of the leftovers to take home with us. I'm still feeling deprived of my proper Thanksgiving experience. I guess this is one of the drawbacks of not cooking it all myself at home! There's always next year.





2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow, good to see a post! Just kidding, I know how crazy busy you've been! Thanks for letting Brett crash Thanksgiving! I'm sure he much appreciated the opportunity to partake of REAL food! Looks like a fun get together.

Kimmy said...

nice to see the update...I was beginning to think you just wanted to "rub in" the week in paradise a little longer!!!!