Saturday, December 13, 2008

It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas...

Finally! For a while there, I was sure we wouldn't get any snow for Christmas (and I was secretly a little happy!). Not that I don't like snow on Christmas. I just think it should fall on the night before Christmas Eve, stay beautiful and white through Christmas Day, and then make a hasty retreat the morning of the 26th, not to be seen again until the next Dec. 23rd. What can I say...even after almost 20 years of living in Utah, I am still a California girl at heart! I hate winter, and I especially hate the snow unless all I have to do is sit in my recliner in front of the fireplace watching it fall quietly outside while drinking a nice cup of hot chocolate and watching a great movie or reading a book. If I have to actually go outside in it, forget it. And don't get me started on the gray, dirty, ugly piles of it that never go away by the time January rolls around! Oh well....I seem to have digressed from the intended topic! I'm still a little behind on my blogging, so here we go.
Once we wisked the kids away from Grandma and Grandpa's on Thanksgiving without getting any leftovers for dinner :( we started to think Christmas. I love the Christmas trees and all of the lights and music that go with the holidays, so we usually try to get them up soon after Thanksgiving. We worked on it that very weekend this year. It was nice to have the boys old enough now to assemble the whole tree with decorations downstairs while also giving a little help with the one upstairs. I always enjoy putting all the decorations up....it's taking them down that is not so fun. Maybe that is why people leave their Christmas lights up until June, sometimes. I guess I can relate to that, and I might even stop secretly mocking them. Who knows. Maybe that will be one of my new year's resolutions. Hope you have all had fun decorating for the holidays! It's always a lot of work, but I love having a whole month to enjoy them!







2 comments:

DeAnna Dahl Kemple said...

I can understand how you feel about snow being from St George and California I have never like the snow and ice and falling down and I have done that. But I love Christmas and being with friends and family. Thanks for being my friend and neighbor and for sharing Eric with us.

Anonymous said...

Ditto DeAnna's comment ... I too am a southern Utahn at heart, and snow is so not for me! I love your comment about sitting in the recliner with the snow falling. That's exactly how I've always felt about snow! Come for Christmas then we'll look forward to it next year! Thanks for being great friends to us. I'm proud to be "Eric's Dawne" and that he "Loves me lots!